[ExI] free speech

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 9 16:35:16 UTC 2021

I remember a free speech case of many years ago involving a college
newspaper.  The university censored it and the editor sued.  The ruling, of
course, was that the editor was free to say whatever he wanted to, just not
on the university's paper.

Google and Facebook are private companies and they can censor all they want
to, and I would not take that  away from them, or even force them to use
disclaimers.  We do not need the feds telling private companies what to do
unless it's to safeguard something, like food, or children's toys.

Crazy, wayout, extremists, and all the rest of the nutcases, have just as
much right to free speech as anyone, as the ACLU will tell you.

Free means free.  Sure, we may pay a price for it, but we would be paying a
much bigger price if we didn't have it.

bill w

On Sat, Jan 9, 2021 at 10:04 AM Bill Hibbard via extropy-chat <