[ExI] Section 230 and Antitrust

Omar Rahman rahmans at me.com
Sun Jan 17 17:39:25 UTC 2021

Hi Spike,

Speaking personally, I currently dip into the list once in a while in digest mode and see if something interesting has come up. When I first joined there were many more authors here also. (In fact it was an author friend of mine who told me to subscribe to the list.)

In general I post here when I feel I have something to contribute. But sometimes my contributions of the past were to FLAME MIGHTILY IN YODA MODE when others would make absurd claims such as "people of country X have an average IQ of VERY VERY LOW".

One internationally published author contacted me after one such exchange to express his dismay and commiserate, and I’m not sure if he is still a list member.

I will offer you the paraphrased wisdom of one Mitt Romeny, (who is someone I would never vote for but would have a glass of lemonade with), last week he said in the senate something to the effect that: “Our duty as leaders is to show these people who have been deluded by conspiracy theories the truth.” (Obviously he is now considered a “traitor”.)

Simple truth telling could be enough.

Ridicule is perhaps sometimes the best gift though, because arguing with someone about “facts" is futile when the “facts” are actually article of faith. Tyrants and conspiracy theories are quite susceptible to scorn.

"OUT PEACE!”, Yoda say, “Anders Sandberg in Internets search will I."

(“Yoda Inversions” speech a delightful exercise is!)