[ExI] Section 230 and Antitrust

Anton Sherwood bronto at pobox.com
Sun Jan 17 18:01:36 UTC 2021

On 2021-1-16 13:22, Stuart LaForge via extropy-chat wrote:
> I was horrified to learn
> that 3 rich guys could decide to almost instantaneously destroy a
> promising young social media startup with over 30 employees and 10
> million users at the touch of a button.

Raising the question, why doesn't AWS have more competition?

I once heard a crack that post-Enron securities regulation had changed
the last line of the typical startup's business plan from "and then IPO
and we're all millionaires" to "and then we sell out to Google" because
going public (selling stock on the public exchanges) had become that
much harder.

--
*\\*  Anton Sherwood  *\\*  www.bendwavy.org