[ExI] Section 230 and Antitrust

Anton Sherwood bronto at pobox.com
Sun Jan 17 18:50:33 UTC 2021

On 2021-1-17 10:01, Anton Sherwood via extropy-chat wrote:
> Raising the question, why doesn't AWS have more competition?

Meanwhile the slow death of mailing lists has long bothered me.  You all
probably know by now that Yahoogroups (which absorbed at least two older
hosts of mailing lists) has shut down.  Why aren't list servers as
common as personal websites?

My web host offers WordPress (which I use), MediaWiki (which I can
imagine using), Drupal, Piwigo, Joomla, LimeSurvey, ownCloud, but not
mailman or anything of the sort.

To break the power of Facebook and Twitter we need decentralized
versions of them, and for those to work we need the protocols to be
widely supported (which may be a chicken-egg problem).  We need it to be
easy for millions of users to set up their own nodes.

--
*\\*  Anton Sherwood  *\\*  www.bendwavy.org