[ExI] Section 230 and Antitrust

Omar Rahman rahmans at me.com
Mon Jan 18 01:47:11 UTC 2021

> Cc: <spike
>

> ?> On Behalf Of Omar Rahman via extropy-chat
>

>> ? Mitt Romeny: ?Our duty as leaders is to show these people who have been deluded by conspiracy theories the truth.?
>

> I don?t recall that as a duty of senators or political leaders.  But let?s go with it.  How do we show the conspiracy people the truth?
>

> Consider this claim: the way the last US elections were done cause a large percentage of voters to think cheating was enabled.
>

> Note that the claim doesn?t include cheating took place.  It claims that a large percentage of voters think that cheating was enabled.

I was paraphrasing Romney’s speech on Jan. 6 during the ’debate’ about counting the electoral votes.

Many leaders have cynically repeated and amplified the false claims of voter fraud. I say cynically because after 60+ cases if your record is 1:64 then your theorem is really crap. No rational people actually believe it... Bayes theorem makes it very unlikely.

In my opinion it is cynical also because many politicians sitting in heavily gerrymandered districts feel that they can win in perpetuity with this sort of tribalistic mythology.

The real casualty in the end will be the Republican Party because rational people are fleeing it.

Think about it, the “party of Lincoln” held a rally which resulted in a riot where the confederate flag was paraded through the Capitol.

The cognitive dissonance of seeing that flag and seeing police being beaten and killed is too much for moderate Republicans. So, Romney is right...to save his party Republicans will have to start telling the truth.

And if they don’t believe simple facts...they need to be laughed at and humiliated...definitely not accommodated.

By the way, at the time I’m writing this Parler is back up on some hosting somewhere..... oh the terrible “censorship” they suffered! Now they can get back to the important business of saying who they would like to kill and which holes they would like to fuck them in before and/or after.

After integration of the military I think it was Truman that said “we have lost the south for a generation”... it turned out to be closer to three but the demographic trends are clear, more states are going to go blue.

The big lie that “Republicans couldn’t lose Georgia” was baked into their brains over the last 70 years of the Republicans’ Southern Strategy.... they have been cheating/disenfranchising voters for so long that it seemed normal and acceptable for them.

After Stacey Abrams lost to Kemp when he was the Sec. of State in his own election(where he used various corrupt practices to win election).... she organized such an excellent campaign of voter registration and mail in voting that it was impossible to steal it. Even when Trump phoned up to beg them to find 11780 votes.

Anyways, sorry for the long post... the short answer is “tell the truth, and mock the liars”.

Regards,

Omar Rahman