[ExI] Immaculate Election

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Mon Jan 18 19:17:52 UTC 2021

>…> On Behalf Of Dave Sill via extropy-chat

>…Yeah, that I understand and agree with. I don't see a problem with a national ID that you aren't required to carry or produce upon demand. ..

That’s what software face recognition does, and I agree with you Dave.  I don’t see that as unreasonable search and seizure to use that technology and even to track people’s whereabouts with it.  I know I just set off a firestorm with that comment, but I don’t see the 4th amendment as forbidding that.

>… I also don't see a problem with a national voter ID that you'd have to present at the ballot.

-Dave

I agree with that too Dave, and have advocated some kind of personal ID verification at the polls since always.  The notion is anathema in California.  We have a little routine: I always hold my photo ID when I pick up my ballot, the volunteers say “We are not allowed to ask for that” I answer “I know, you didn’t, I am volunteering it.”

They know me, tolerate me anyway.  {8^D

These are the kinds of things that reduce the appearance of impropriety.