[ExI] It's a bit too quiet right now...

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Sun Jul 18 19:40:24 UTC 2021

On Sun, Jul 18, 2021 at 12:33 PM William Flynn Wallace via extropy-chat <

> I too am reading politics and religion, neither of which are forbidden or
> even unpopular on this list.  In fact the other list was created for
> politics and any other controversial topic anyone wants to post about.  I'd
> love to discuss religions - not so much politics (I read about the politics
> in the American Revolution and don't want any more of that garbage).  bill w

Alright, then: how does one deprogram religious folks who believe their
holy book is 100% literally true, despite demonstrable internal consistency
errors rendering it logically impossible that the book's contents could be
100% literally true (even ignoring conflicts with observed evidence outside
the book)?