[ExI] It's a bit too quiet right now...

Anton Sherwood bronto at pobox.com
Sun Jul 18 23:41:20 UTC 2021

On 2021-7-18 10:57, SR Ballard via extropy-chat wrote:
> I’m reading a lot but it’s all either political, religious, or both —
> none of which is really acceptable on the List.

You left out sex, fortunately because the last book I finished was «Sex
at Dawn».  Thesis: When our ancestors lived by foraging in
Dunbar-limited bands, they were as promiscuously randy as bonobos if not
more so; various features of our anatomy and psychology point that way.
  Agriculture wrecked not only our physical health but our mental
health, at least in one respect.

An amusing observation: the pious may say that fucking for pleasure is
behaving "like beasts", but no beast fucks nearly as often, in ratio to
conceptions, as humans do.  So if we want to be un-beastly, we should
fuck more, not less.

(Not that the advice is of any use to me.)

--
*\\*  Anton Sherwood  *\\*  www.bendwavy.org