[ExI] [Extropolis] unvaccinated

Dylan Distasio interzone at gmail.com
Wed Jul 21 19:00:48 UTC 2021

On Wed, Jul 21, 2021 at 2:44 PM John Clark <johnkclark at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 21, 2021 at 12:46 PM Dylan Distasio <interzone at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> *>Here's another reason they have hesitancy...Public health agencies have
>> lost credibility by not actually "following the science."   Not a single
>> child in the US under the age of 18 has died of CV-19 without a serious
>> pre-existing condition *
>>

>> https://thefederalist.com/2021/07/21/johns-hopkins-team-there-are-still-zero-covid-deaths-among-healthy-kids/
>>

> First of all, the article you cite is a year old

I'm not sure what you're talking about.  Both the Federalist piece and the
WSJ OpEd by Johns Hopkins researchers referenced are from today.   They are
not a year old and are current.   I suppose you will ignore Johns Hopkins
research because it doesn't agree with your narrative.

>  And children can certainly become infected with COVID-19 even if they
> don't show any symptoms and thus give the disease to other people.

There is not substantial evidence of younger children easily spreading
CV-19 or appreciably impacting community spread , but if you're vaccinated,
you have nothing to worry about either way, right?  Right?

> By the way Dylan, you're not a kid, have you been vaccinated?

My vaccination status is none of your business so I'm not sure why you're
asking.   It has zero to do with the risk calculation around vaccinating
children.