[ExI] World's Fastest Electric Motorcycle

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Fri Jun 25 14:01:00 UTC 2021

-----Original Message-----
From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of BillK via extropy-chat
Subject: [ExI] World's Fastest Electric Motorcycle

"World's fastest electric motorcycle" uses radical big hole technology By Loz Blain  June 24, 2021

<https://newatlas.com/motorcycles/wmc-2wd-electric-motorcycle-v-air/>

>...The idea is that the innovative venturi hole produces extreme reduction in air resistance and, in turn, for street use this should produce longer range, or smaller batteries, or increased speed, or a combination of these benefits,

BillK

Cool!  I wouldn't be too surprised if it is real.  It makes sense.  The reason motorcycle top speeds are as low as they are (200 mph or about 320 kph for the fast production bikes) is all about wind resistance.  With gas burners, that problem is inherent.  Electrics I don't think the drag coefficient needs to be as high.

Let's see where it goes.