[ExI] Government UFO report is published

Dan TheBookMan danust2012 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 26 00:02:48 UTC 2021

On Jun 25, 2021, at 3:54 PM, Adrian Tymes via extropy-chat <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org> wrote:
> Several of the reports cited objects that moved with the sensor: the amount of time it took the sensor to turn 45 degrees was the amount of time the object took to appear to traverse the corresponding distance at range.
>
> This suggests a sensor glitch in those cases.  Truly distant objects, no matter their origin or means of propulsion (if any), tend not to be so tightly tethered to whatever happens to be observing them.

Your point reminds me of an exoplanet announcement that was retracted. The team making the observation only noticed afterward that the fluctuation has a yearly cycle. So it wasn’t the observed star wobbling to the pull of an unseen planet but the Earth’s transit around the Sun. :/ At least they publicly admitted their error.

Regards,

Dan