[ExI] [Extropolis] emotions and decision making

Brent Allsop brent.allsop at gmail.com
Tue Jun 29 18:16:18 UTC 2021

As I was saying on HR Ballard's forked '“Lust” and sexual violence' thread,
everyone is talking at the composite qualia level.  All these things are
computationally bound elemental intrinsic qualities.

Evolution has wired taking out the garbage to be composed of disgusting
smells and such, while evolution has wired sex to some very different set
of elemental qualities.  Evolution wanted us to have sex.
There is no reason you couldn't simply reverse engineer these, and wire
them to be the opposite of each other.  Couldn't a simple re-wiring result
in taking out the garbage being orgasmic?

Wouldn't you agree that Dog's enjoyable knowledge of shit must be
programmed to be something very different than the disquieting smells
our brain represents knowledge of shit with, right?

I want to be able to do such reconfigurations, when I want to take out the
garbage.

Again, it is important to differentiate reality and knowledge of reality
<https://canonizer.com/videos/consciousness/?chapter=differentiate_reality_knowledge>
.