[ExI] [Extropolis] “Lust” and sexual violence

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 29 18:36:31 UTC 2021

We are talking about joy, when that is a fairly rare thing. The most common
emotion is just satisfaction - a little nod of the head, a little smile.
Pride is certainly like that - no tears, no big heart rate increase, no
ecstasy.  Wouldn't it be nice, though, if other things in the world gave us
their equivalent of orgasms?

bill w

On Tue, Jun 29, 2021 at 12:59 PM Brent Allsop <brent.allsop at gmail.com>
wrote:

> [...]
>> inadequacy and poor social skills and does not inflict injury upon his
>> victims (National Center for Women and Policing, 2001). The violence used
>> by the power-reassurance rapist is only sufficient to achieve the
>> compliance of the victim or to complete the sexual act. Such an individual
>> may perceive that the victim has shown a sexual interest in him, or that by
>> the use of force the victim will grow to like him (Craissati, 2005). The
>> power-assertive or antisocial rapist is impulsive, uses aggressive methods
>> of control and abuses substances. His sexual assaults are often unplanned
>> and he is unlikely to use a weapon (Groth, 1979). The third type of rapist
>> is the anger-retaliation or aggressive-aim rapist, who is motivated by
>> power and aggression. This individual sexually assaults for retaliatory
>> reasons and often degrades or humiliates the victim.
>>
>> The fourth type is the sadistic rapist, who reenacts sexual fantasies
>> involving torture or pain. Sexual sadism is defined as the repeated
>> practice of cruel sexual behavior that is combined with fantasy and
>> characterized by a desire to control the victim (MacCullock et al., 1983).
>> This type is characterized by extensive planning and may often result in
>> sexual murder (Groth, 1979). Although it has been reported in only 5
>> percent of rapists (see Craissati, 2005, for a review), sexual sadism has
>> consistently been shown as a strong predictor of both sexual and violent
>> recidivism (Hanson & Morton-Bourgon, 2005).”
>> (Source: https://smart.ojp.gov/somapi/chapter-3-sex-offender-typologies)
>>
>> SR Ballard
>>
>> On Jun 29, 2021, at 1:12 PM, Brent Allsop <brent.allsop at gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> It could be configured that way, but you'd still need some pleasure,
>> wired up to that having control, otherwise not?
>>
>> On Tue, Jun 29, 2021, 10:39 AM SR Ballard <sen.otaku at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I don’t think that the most normal motivator for rape is lust (except
>>> perhaps date rape?), but rather power and control.
>>>
>>> SR Ballard
>>>
>>> On Jun 29, 2021, at 10:33 AM, William Flynn Wallace <foozler83 at gmail.com>
>>> wrote:
>>>

>>> How would human behaviour be more or less ethical and/or moral if the
>>> processes of decision making was conducted in the absence of emotional
>>> attachment?  from quora
>>>
>>> Can’t be done. A man with a brain injury which detached the emotional
>>> center from the frontal cortex could not make a simple decision. Coffee?
>>> Could not decide.
>>>
>>> So the question is moot: we simply cannot do it. You are assuming that
>>> all emotional things are irrational. Think of them as nonrational. Emotions
>>> makes perfectly good sense: we enjoy food, sex, beauty and so on. All great
>>> emotions.
>>>
>>> Fear keeps us safe. Let’s hear it for fear! Of course any emotion can be
>>> bad. Too much lust could lead to rape. Too much fear leads to phobias and
>>> shyness. Too much enjoyment of food can lead to obesity, and so on for all