[ExI] dr suess

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Fri Mar 5 14:12:36 UTC 2021

….> On Behalf Of William Flynn Wallace via extropy-chat
Subject: Re: [ExI] dr suess

>…Do the Japanese around you use elision in pronouncing their names?  Or do they pronounce them like we do, for instance in Matsuoka we would pronounce it with the emphasis on the o.  ?  bill w

BillW I have heard various pronunciations, but my dataset is scant: there are not many Japanese around here.  This area has a lot of Chinese and Vietnamese.  These groups don’t get along well with Japanese.

There is a Japantown in San Jose still, and it is a fun place to visit: great sushi down there.