[ExI] virus data

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Sat Mar 6 03:10:55 UTC 2021

From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of William Flynn Wallace via extropy-chat
Sent: Friday, March 5, 2021 5:56 PM
To: ExI chat list <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org>; extropolis at googlegroups.com
Cc: William Flynn Wallace <foozler83 at gmail.com>
Subject: [ExI] virus data

>…Extreme amounts of data on a popular topic, accessible for the most part (?), and associated with many deaths.

>…Lastly, the ability of most people to access this data.

>…Is this unprecedented?

>…bill w

I can’t think of any time in history it has ever happened.  Plenty of us can do the numbers on Israel.  We can make initial assumptions in the worst case (all the vaccines were given twice to the same patients (who now have 95% immunity) and the best case (all the vaccines were given once to all patients (who now have 90% immunity) and see that neither can explain the new case rate.  If we assume those efficacy rates being advertised and start multiplying, we can see that something doesn’t add up or multiply out.

Please what explanations can we find?  The vaccine being used by Israel is less effective?  The Israelis have been sent some counterfeit vaccines?  They are lying about their numbers, such as they are counting the discarded vaccines as having been given to patients?  Their tests are showing a lotta false positives?  Other ideas?

BillW, back to your question: plenty of us have been given the opportunity to play amateur scientist in the past year.