[ExI] virus data

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Sat Mar 6 03:53:27 UTC 2021

From: spike at rainier66.com <spike at rainier66.com>

>…Please what explanations can we find…

OK cool, some hipsters on the topic have told me that if a prole looks at Israelis over age 60, where they focused their immunization efforts, the results look very promising.  If there is still a high case load, it will be among younger people, for whom covid is far less likely to cause death or serious side effects.

  …

>…BillW, back to your question: plenty of us have been given the opportunity to play amateur scientist in the past year.

Last week I posted about the wisdom of intentionally giving one’s second dose to someone else, not to be self-sacrificing, but for completely self-interested reasons: giving your second dose to someone else speeds up herd immunity.  There is one additional step which I am less sure about: if one is a very low-contact individual, such as one has a stay-home job and has her groceries (and everything else) delivered, and doesn’t see anyone, it makes perfect sense, even with only self-interest, to intentionally refuse the vaccine until everyone who is willing has had at least one dose.  Think that one thru.