[ExI] virus data

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Sat Mar 6 18:47:26 UTC 2021

From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of William Flynn Wallace via extropy-chat

>…Many millions of people online who are smart.  How can we make use of them?  Of course I have no idea how to do this or what questions to post, but so much talent out there, amateurs or hobbyists.

The peak covid case rate (7-day rolling average) was about 256k in the USA.  Wow, that was convenient.  It allows us to instantly do calculations in our heads (assuming our heads think in base 2.)  We dropped below 64k a coupla days ago, and it is dropping, so we immediately know the case rate is below a quarter of it was at its peak.

Israel’s peak was just over 8k per day (7-day rolling again) but is now just a little below 4k.  It hasn’t dropped any in the past 15 days.  Dang.

>…Would you guess at how much of the available virus data is being massaged?  There has to be a gigantic pile of it just sitting there.  who decides which of it to analyze?  That is a critical question.  bill w

Ja that has haunted me for a year now BillW.  We know that New York did massage their data, for political purposes.  They got caught.  But how much of that kinda thing didn’t get caught?  How many fatalities and illnesses were recorded as covid related in order to get an already-sick prole into the hospital and treated at federal expense?  We don’t know.