[ExI] crowdsourced crimefighters

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Sun Mar 7 19:31:30 UTC 2021

…> On Behalf Of Adrian Tymes via extropy-chat
Subject: Re: [ExI] crowdsourced crimefighters

On Sun, Mar 7, 2021 at 9:43 AM spike jones via extropy-chat <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org <mailto:extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org> > wrote:

On the contrary sir.  We think the perp is a local.  We have an online
community that shames people into pretending to be a decent person.

In this particular case, we think the perp has a loose screw.  She drives a
2015 VW Tiguan.  She came in the night, ripped a plant right out of
someone's lawn, while clad in her pajamas and slippers, in full view of two
different security cameras, both equipped with infrared capabilities.  Now
the whole neighborhood is talking about the Great Jade Plant Caper.

>…So you think you know who did it?

Hi Adrian, I don’t but the people who care about that kind of stuff think they do.  It is entirely possible the perp in this case needs some mental health intervention (from what I hear.)

I am not really involved in human-level interactions.  Too messy.  That’s why we have people like BillW.  But we also have people like me, who had a ball yesterday working out the equations for how to derive an undistorted side view of a car given an oblique camera view.  There is a way to do it.  The camera-induced distortion can be undone with a matrix-multiply.  Cool!  Not only can software car-recognition be done, it isn’t even difficult.