[ExI] 30 Solutions to the Fermi Paradox

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Thu Mar 18 00:55:17 UTC 2021

On Mar 17, 2021, at 4:06 PM, BillK via extropy-chat <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org> wrote:
> On Wed, 17 Mar 2021 at 20:38, Dan TheBookMan via extropy-chat
>>
>> I read Stephen Webb’s book years ago. It has 50 ‘solutions’ in that edition, but the update now has 75!

BillK, the real paradox isn't so much that no civilization appears to have colonized the galaxy, but rather that there is an absence of radio signals.  I think I understand why no one has managed to cross the enormous gulf between stars: it is just too dang far for actual life forms to traverse, even at the dense core of the galaxy.  But I am still astonished there are no signals.