[ExI] 30 Solutions to the Fermi Paradox

Anton Sherwood bronto at pobox.com
Thu Mar 18 02:56:57 UTC 2021

On 2021-3-17 18:55, spike jones via extropy-chat wrote:
> I think you are right however: there is some form of radio
> communications that we don’t know about yet, which I think
> is highly directional collimated EM.  If we are not in the
> line of sight, we don’t get the signal.

https://www.gregegan.net/INCANDESCENCE/00/Crocodile.html
Most of the galaxy has been thoroughly civilized for millions of years,
but the Core is a mystery: not only is it quiet, every probe sent to a
certain depth is bounced out with its memory wiped.

Eventually someone sees ionized fluorine along certain lines,
and guesses that these are created by communication lasers.

--
*\\*  Anton Sherwood  *\\*  www.bendwavy.org