[ExI] 30 Solutions to the Fermi Paradox

Dan TheBookMan danust2012 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 20 21:01:03 UTC 2021

On Mar 20, 2021, at 10:28 AM, Adrian Tymes via extropy-chat <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org> wrote:
> My take: most likely, humans are the first technological species in our galaxy.  Someone has to be the first (if there are any).

I agree that someone has to be first, though it leads to asking why others didn’t get here first. The copernican principle (there’s nothing special about us, here and now, with regard to science) seems a good default position and requires (IMO) some explanation to set aside.

That said, all the good observational evidence seems to lead to your conclusion. But that doesn’t explain why this is so.

Regards,

Dan