[ExI] covid cases worldwide going back up

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Mon Mar 22 03:03:34 UTC 2021

Biketoberfest in Daytona last year didn't seem to be the covid superspreader
event that was widely feared.

Bike week in Daytona started a coupla weeks ago and ended a week ago, long
enough to see an impact by now if there was going to be one.  I don't see
it, do you?

Everything is open in Florida, no masks required (because the governor of
Florida acknowledges that he doesn't have the authority to require them (and
the Florida legislature never passed a law on that (nor did any legislature
in any other state.)))  If there was a place for covid to spread Florida
would be the place.

Now we get the reeeeeaaaallll test: Spring Break in Florida, multiple
locations, seething, copulating hordes of college students and others who
would like to still be college students, having the party of their lives.
If I understand anything at all about contagion, this dang sure should be a
superspreader.

OK, well. Bike week apparently wasn't.  This is going on now.  Do let us see
what happens, shall we?