[ExI] things to buy

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Thu Mar 25 20:57:53 UTC 2021

From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of William Flynn Wallace via extropy-chat
…
Subject: Re: [ExI] things to buy

>…  Got an email to Spike to explain bitcoin.  At 79 I don't think I would make a lot of money from it, but I dunno.  .... bill w

BillW, I am far from the most qualified person here to explain BitCoin, but I can offer a spin on it you might like.

If you want to make money in BitCoin, the first step is to make sure you bought it a coupla years ago.  I am having trouble achieving that first step.

But no worries, think about it this way.  What if… you did buy BitCoin or some other speculative things and you did get lucky and you did make a ton of money.  The problem is that now it makes you afraid to die.  You have aaaaallll this damn mooooney, you had trouble even thinking of something you really wanted, back when you only had 25 charlies to blow on some absurd thing, now you have aaaalll this moooney and you still don’t really desperately want or need anything you don’t already have.

But what the hell, assume now you have so much you need to hire a coupla sturdy fellers to shovel the money out of your way so you can get to your own damn bathroom, and oooooh life is gooood… But… now all your health problems are still here, even if you can hire a coupla stunning young beauties with MDs to tend you around the clock, massage your aching muscles and your bride watches suspiciously every move they make, for they are doctors to you, but opportunistic little trollops to her, and so… you would really be trading one class of problems for another.

But suppose you solve that problem somehow (such as hiring her a coupla fine young fellers with MDs) and your life is perfect.  Now you have a perfect life, and death is so much scarier than before.

So don’t invest in some speculative scheme that risks making you a buttload of money.  You’re welcome BillW, always here, glad to help.