[ExI] tornados and google maps

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Wed May 5 15:01:06 UTC 2021

On Wed, 5 May 2021 at 14:39, spike jones via extropy-chat
<big snip>
> After doing the Google tornado game, I am convinced proles should not
> buy storm insurance. Damn there hasta be a way to cash in on that insight,
>
> spike

Err, umm,  perhaps first do a search for tornado insurance claims?

<https://www.coverage.com/insurance/home/tornado-insurance/>
Quote:
In 2018, insurance claims related to tornado and thunderstorm damage
cost $14.1 billion. Tornado damage can be incredibly costly to fix,
and a severe tornado can easily destroy a home in minutes.

It looks like much of the tornado damage would be covered by a normal
home insurance policy. But the small print may mean that additional
policies could be required, depending on claim limits and exactly what
is covered.
(In the UK, tornado damage means a few roof tiles blown off, or a
garden trampoline blown down the street)  :)

BillK