[ExI] tornados and google maps

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Wed May 5 13:35:39 UTC 2021

From: spike at rainier66.com <spike at rainier66.com>
Subject: tornados and google maps

>.Tornados touch down and wreck stuff in random locations, but fortunately
they don't really cover a lot of area like a hurricane.  We only hear of it
when it happens where there are news agencies. then a fourth time where I
came down near enough to a barn to take out that structure, but nothing
else, insurance guy out the next day, a month later, new barn, like nothing
ever happened.  spike

Then it occurred to me. why it is that insurance companies make such good
money: they sell insurance to people based on perceived risk rather than
actual risk.  I played six more rounds of the Google Maps tornado game, and
of the ten total, only two landed anywhere near structures, and two others
might have cost the insurance guy something, but not all that much.

There are tornados in the USA south this week, big exciting news.  It sells
clicks like nobody's business, gets the proles to buy underground storm
cellars and insurance and such.  But if you look at the insurance company's
balance sheet, tornados are a gift, a huge gift.  Those are perceived as a
great risk to life and property, but they really aren't.  Insurance
companies sell the perception of risk, whereas they know the reality of the
risk, because they hafta pay for it.  Great profit.

After doing the Google tornado game, I am convinced proles should not buy
storm insurance. Damn there hasta be a way to cash in on that insight,