[ExI] today's news

MB mbb386 at main.nc.us
Mon Nov 1 15:35:02 UTC 2021

On Mon, November 1, 2021 11:15, William Flynn Wallace via extropy-chat wrote:
> "Let's punish the winners."

(snips)

> The gifted and talented will succeed anyway in all probability.  The only
> real victims here are people who want our society to be run rationally.

... unless the gifted and talented are so bored or turned off that they go
to bad behaviour or drugs.  I saw that with one of my kids... even in a
select school, bored bored bored.  Near the top of the class, scholarships
to college - bored bored bored.  Dropped out, never finished school, doing
manual & non-technical work now age 40s.    At least working & currently
self-supporting, for which I am exceedingly grateful.

Regards,
MB