[ExI] Big Media is turning into Big Brother

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 9 16:12:31 UTC 2021

This 'nudging' is intended not to be noticed as ads or propaganda. It
is to brainwash people into thinking that it is showing the way that
everyone normally behaves and if you want to be popular and accepted into
society, then you should behave like that also.
If you notice that it is propaganda, then it has failed.

Pressure to conform starts before kindergarten, continues with parents,
peers, TV, etc.  It never stops.  Society does not like nonconformists -
they scare people.  I don't know where to draw the line separating
propaganda from the rest, but sneering teen girls aren't doing it, like
they are doing exclusion of people who don't conform.  Brainwashing as a
term is way, way beyond what we are encountering in society today.  To use
it in this context is a diminution of it.  It should be restricted to
situations of isolation, starvation, beatings, and other methods of
torture. It should be noted that according to people who lived through
Korean war torture, that it didn't work very well at all.

bill w

On Tue, Nov 9, 2021 at 10:00 AM BillK via extropy-chat <