[ExI] mr. medes car fire

Tom Nowell nebathenemi at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Nov 12 19:51:32 UTC 2021

 Spike, you don't need to have many mirrors to reflect enough light to warp a modern car. I bring you an example of London architecture's finest, the Walkie Talkie! (It is compulsory for landmark buildings to have a nickname, the more stupid the better. I don't make the rules).
This is what the BBC said:'Walkie-Talkie' skyscraper melts Jaguar car parts

|  |  |

|  |
'Walkie-Talkie' skyscraper melts Jaguar car parts

A new London skyscraper dubbed the "Walkie-Talkie" is blamed for reflecting light which melted parts of a car pa...

NBC newsThis London skyscraper can melt cars and set buildings on fire

|  |  |

|  |
This London skyscraper can melt cars and set buildings on fire

London isn't famous for hot weather, but that may change soon, and not because of global warming: The design of...

AutoevolutionThis London Glass Skyscraper Could Melt Jaguars, Fry Eggs and Start Fires

|  |  |

|  |
This London Glass Skyscraper Could Melt Jaguars, Fry Eggs and Start Fires

Elena Gorgan

If you know anything about the UK, you know that the phrase “scorching hot” isn’t that often associated with any...

Al Jazeera on youtubeUK building melts cars

|  |  |

|  |
UK building melts cars

You'd think an architect from Uruguay would know enough to avoid concave mirrors focusing heat, but then maybe he thought London wasn't sunny enough for this to be a problem.
Tom