[ExI] from quora - laugh of the day

Dan TheBookMan danust2012 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 21:26:12 UTC 2021

Why even reveal that much? One can just say, ‘Sorry, not interested.’ I mean the other response kind of implies that if he weren’t straight, then he would be interested. (As if complementary sexual orientations must needs lead to dating or hookups.) One can be not straight and still not interested, no?

Imagine, too, he (the person being asked) were a woman. I can imagine some folks asking her if she’d done anything to lead him on… I can also imagine the propositioners friends helping him with encouraging words and advice — rather than saying, ‘Look, she said No, just respect her decision.’

Someone else pointed out the ‘your woman’ thing too. That reminded me of someone who calls their spouse ‘my bride.’

Regards,

Dan