[ExI] question not being asked in Alec Baldwin shooting

Bill Hibbard hibbard at wisc.edu
Sun Oct 24 08:22:42 UTC 2021

I am interested in manipulation of opinion by the media
and the Alec Baldwin shooting is a good example. All
the media coverage I can find is focused on the question
of how a live round made it into the gun Baldwin used to
shoot cinematographer Halyna Hutchins.

I have not seen any coverage that asks why Baldwin fired
the gun at Hutchins. She was acinematographer not an actor
so it is unlikely that Baldwin fired the gun as part of a
scene for the movie. As a child I was always taught to
never point a gun at another person, even if I was sure it
was unloaded, and certainly to never fire a gun at another
person.

It seems an obvious point that the media should be raising,
about why did Baldwin fire the gun at Hutchins and what is
his responsibility for this gross breach of gun safety.
Surely this is the crime of reckless endangerment.

Has anyone seen the media raise this issue?