[ExI] ...so now we know...

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Sat Oct 30 13:04:56 UTC 2021

On Sat, 30 Oct 2021 at 04:57, spike jones via extropy-chat

>…I have a fun story for you…I asked (30 years after the fact) what the study was for.  Answer: it was to correlate DNA with changing numbers for vitals.  I gave them the six extra vials today.
>
> OK so…I was part of that study.  But now… I STILL don’t know who is doing the study, where the results are published, whatever became of nurse Gunilla Goodbody, I know nossink!  This sounds like a really cool project, I am a data point in it somewhere, and I have no idea what became of that, or what the hell, or where to find out.  I do have one important piece of information: it really is connected to Stanford somehow.
>
> Have we medical hipsters here who might offer a vague clue where to find or how to find a Stanford-based study of ageing which includes blood samples collected 30 yrs apart?  Adrian, you have friends in that world ja?
>
> spike

I think your data may not be required any longer.  A study of how
aging biomarkers change over time usually requires blood tests at
least annually. Your 30-year interval was only because you moved away
from your recruitment address.

The Snyder lab at Stanford Medical appears to be working in this area.
<https://med.stanford.edu/snyderlab.html>
<https://med.stanford.edu>
<https://med.stanford.edu/news/all-news/2020/01/_ageotypes_-provide-window-into-how-individuals-age--stanford-st.html>

BillK