[ExI] cycle 25 showing some early promise

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Sat Oct 30 14:48:26 UTC 2021

Hey cool, solar cycle 25 is giving us some early indications of being
worthwhile.  The monthly average for September was way up there.

If you are into this kinda thing, you know that cycle 24 was kind of a dud.
This caused me to worry we were going into a Maunder minimum which is
thought to have some connection to the Little Ice Age from about the mid
1600s to about early 17s.  We don't want another one of those.

Furthermore. sunspots are correlated with f10.7 cm radiation, which expands
the upper atmosphere, sweeping out low earth orbit.

So if one is in the satellite biz and does his EM shielding correctly, 10.7
cm radiation is our friend.

Check it out: