[ExI] , question for Max or anyone

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Sun Sep 5 20:23:00 UTC 2021

On Sun, 5 Sept 2021 at 20:58, William Flynn Wallace via extropy-chat

> We could create an app to alert the next of kin in a heart emergency, but not to alert anyone likely to be of any real assistance, for that would put the device in a new and unaffordable category.
> spike

> I was looking forward to finding out how my Apple watch and my
> iPhone could partner and call 911   Now you say it can't be done?
>   bill w

Good call. You can already use the Apple watch and iPhone to call 911
with your location and also text your emergency contacts.
<https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT206983>

So are they medical devices?  Or is med qualification not needed for
these functions?
The secret seems to be not officially using it for medical
diagnostics, just to call for help and let the medical staff work out
what's wrong. (All the blood leaking out will give them a clue).   :)

BillK