[ExI] Google AI low-resolution photo enhancement

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Wed Sep 8 17:09:10 UTC 2021

On Wed, 8 Sept 2021 at 17:14, spike jones via extropy-chat

> Dave I agree with the notion of enhancing photos of perps but not so fast on the license plates.  Those are two different things.

<big snip>

> spike

 I think you may be underestimating the power of the Google AI There
are more detailed descriptions of the process available in links from
the article.  Sure, if you only have a few pixels available in the
original, then there won't be enough data to expand into a photo.  But
most cameras (Nest, etc.) have much more than a few pixels available.
I think the AI does backward and forwards resolving to check that the
final photo does blur back down to the original photo, to check that
the expansion is valid.

But we should see implementations appearing soon, if it lives up to the hype.

BillK