[ExI] Running up against energy limits

John Grigg possiblepaths2050 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 12 02:49:37 UTC 2021

My understanding is that Afghanistan has several trillion dollars worth of
rare minerals, the sort needed for making electronics. And so I had assumed
that was the real reason for the U.S. military occupying the country, was
to ensure access to it. But the U.S. military completely withdrew, and now
China is about to move in to "help" the Taliban and also, of course, mine
those rare minerals. I am just stunned by the lack of American strategic
thinking, and how a mentally deficient president can do so much damage to
American foreign policy.

John

On Fri, Sep 10, 2021 at 4:29 AM Dave Sill via extropy-chat <