[ExI] Running up against energy limits

John Grigg possiblepaths2050 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 12 20:54:16 UTC 2021

Spike wrote:
"The Chinese are already there John.  The surviving Afghanis will not like
what comes next."

This will actually be a big test for the CCP. Will they cooperate with the
Taliban, for a mutually productive economic relationship? Or will they give
in to temptation, as did Britain, Russia, and America, and invade/occupy
Afghanistan? I could actually envision Xi Jinping ordering an invasion as a
means to toughen up China's military and give them combat experience. But I
could see the parents of his nation seriously acting up when the bodies
start getting shipped home...

Billw wrote:
 "In all the long time we were in Afghanistan did we mine any minerals?"

As far as I know, we did not.

SR Ballard wrote:
"John, I thought countries had a right to self-determination."

They do. But is the Taliban the rightful leadership of Afghanistan? Lol
Well, it could be said might makes right, at least in that part of the
world. I loved Spike's idea of how America should have trained all able
bodied adults there to be part of a well-armed citizen's militia. The
Taliban would be contending with their worst nightmare right now!

John

On Sat, Sep 11, 2021 at 5:55 AM spike jones via extropy-chat <