[ExI] Google AI low-resolution photo enhancemen

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Mon Sep 13 18:51:14 UTC 2021

-----Original Message-----
From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of
BillK via extropy-chat

This case hasn't been in the news much in London. Young blacks (gang

members) killing each other is not unusual and doesn't stay in the news for
long. Officially the four men haven't made a plea yet. That is due in court
on Nov 5th. The trial is due next March.

No discussion about what evidence might be presented. The four remain in
prison awaiting trial.

The gangs are a problem in some areas of London, usually associated with
drugs and controlling 'their' territory.

BillK

BillK, I would trust the British press on that, for the US has a complete
news blackout on Johnson.  Last we heard was in about mid-June: she was
still in critical condition three weeks after being shot in the head.  After
that, not one word in the press on whether she lived or perished, or
something in-between.  Four months later, it is now unclear if there really
ever was a BLM person by the name of Sasha Johnson.

We also heard they are holding the one bloke and let the other four go on
bail:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/cameron-deriggs-charged-in-shooting-of-british
-black-lives-matter-activist-sasha-johnson

Man Charged in Shooting of British Black Lives Matter Activist Sasha Johnson

 <https://www.thedailybeast.com/author/emily-shugerman>

 <https://www.thedailybeast.com/author/emily-shugerman> Emily Shugerman

 <https://www.thedailybeast.com/author/emily-shugerman>

 <https://www.thedailybeast.com/author/emily-shugerman> Gender Reporter

Published May. 29, 2021 11:47AM ET

JUSTIN TALLIS / AFP

British police have charged an 18-year-old in the shooting of Black Lives
Matter activist Sasha Johnson. London's Metropolitan Police announced Friday
that they had charged Cameron Deriggs with conspiracy to murder in the
shooting of the 27-year-old activist and mother of two, who remains in
critical condition. (Police say they do not believe she was the intended
target.) Five men were initially arrested in connection with the May 23
shooting; the four others have been released on bail. Deriggs made an
appearance in Westminster Magistrates' Court on Saturday but did not enter a
plea.