[ExI] Google AI low-resolution photo enhancemen

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Mon Sep 13 15:43:26 UTC 2021

…> On Behalf Of Adrian Tymes via extropy-chat
Subject: Re: [ExI] Google AI low-resolution photo enhancemen

On Mon, Sep 13, 2021 at 8:24 AM Dave Sill via extropy-chat <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org <mailto:extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org> > wrote:

On Sun, Sep 12, 2021 at 5:34 AM BillK via extropy-chat <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org <mailto:extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org> > wrote:

You are obviously correct in saying that to start with a low-res photo
and create a high-res photo involves adding information that is not
present in the original. Nobody is disputing that.

They are if they think that photos can be enhanced to identify perps.

"Our algorithm identified the perp (when we asked it to determine if this image was more likely to be the person we already wanted to convict, or a lamp post)." spike

Missing in this discussion is the statistical nature of this algorithm.  A grainy image cannot identify a perp.  A thousand grainy imagines can.