[ExI] Running up against energy limits

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Mon Sep 13 22:51:06 UTC 2021

…> On Behalf Of Adrian Tymes via extropy-chat
Subject: Re: [ExI] Running up against energy limits

On Mon, Sep 13, 2021 at 3:02 PM spike jones via extropy-chat <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org <mailto:extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org> > wrote:

Did it seem probable that the US would withdraw from Afghanistan quietly in the night evacuating the military first…?

Yes.

I don’t get it.  Why didn’t they get the civilians and allies out first, in an organized orderly way with the Bagram AFB still fully operational and providing cover fire?  We don’t understand that at all.  When the last civilian and ally is safe elsewhere, then the military could slip out without warning.

Now… we face a hostage situation worse than the one in Iran 40 yrs ago.

Before it is over, the US may need to shoot its way back in.  Or leave American hostages to die.