[ExI] Report: Gen. Milley held top-secret meeting to block Trump’s nuke access; told staff to disobey all but his orders

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Thu Sep 16 12:43:26 UTC 2021

...> On Behalf Of Anton Sherwood via extropy-chat

On 2021-9-15 21:13, spike jones via extropy-chat wrote:
>>... John watch the non-fiction version of this story unfold.  With Gen.
> Milley’s action and the lack of response to it, the USA just signaled
> that it will do nothing if China invades Taiwan.

>....That's a bit of a reach, from "General prevents a bonkers President from
(potentially) starting a war out of pique (and gets away with it)" to "Pentagon will never lift a finger against China".

--
*\\*  Anton Sherwood  *\\*  www.bendwavy.org

Anton it sends the signal that any general may decide if the POTUS is bonkers, then act according to whatever he wants to do.  China will be emboldened.  I predict they will act while during the term of the current POTUS.

It is a bit of a reach to conclude that the Universal Code of Military Justice has only one exception for only one person.  The legal system doesn't work that way.