[ExI] cart before horse

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 16 15:25:04 UTC 2021

My physical therapist told me that he had bought a house with cash.  Hmm.
How rare is that?  Given this credit economy, the idea of saving money
before you buy is dead or dying except for a few.

It seems to me that this benefits only the finance people.  The finance
people loan money for content -  movies, tv, that glorifies having the
right stuff, like a T shirt with a big swoosh, advertising not only that
the person greatly overpaid for the shirt, but that he is a person with not
much financial sense, and is likely to think it impresses women, who in
turn buy highly overpriced makeup which they think attracts men, those
simple creatures.   I read where some young South American women spend 1/3
of their income on beauty products.  So sad.  Pathetic even.

The gist of this is that the people are urged to act like children, fond of
immediate fulfillment and flashy and colorful things.

In short, they are milking us and we are glad to help them, actually
advertising our addiction to brand names.  Yeah, I realize that I am not
saying anything new here.  It just really irks me to see so much
irrationality and suffering later in life when one should be able to relax
and not worry about money.   bill w