[ExI] cart before horse

Dave Sill sparge at gmail.com
Fri Sep 17 11:49:30 UTC 2021

On Thu, Sep 16, 2021 at 4:12 PM William Flynn Wallace via extropy-chat <

> Why isn't that law unconstitutional?  It assumes that a person is guilty
> of drug dealing with no proof but the money.

I agree it's unconstitutional, but I'm not a Constitutional law expert.
Getting it to the Supreme Court has been a challenge. Civil Asset
Forfeiture is very popular with law enforcement. And the public is
surprisingly OK with it because they trust their law enforcement "heroes"
to use it wisely.

The Institute for Justice has a good report about civil forfeture:

  https://ij.org/report/policing-for-profit-3/

-Dave