[ExI] AI is racist, bigoted and misogynistic

Stathis Papaioannou stathisp at gmail.com
Wed Sep 22 23:04:47 UTC 2021

On Wed, 22 Sep 2021 at 23:39, spike jones via extropy-chat <

> > ... BillK via extropy-chat <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org> wrote:
> >
> > >... We can’t get the machines to stop being racist,
> > xenophobic, bigoted, and misogynistic.
>
> > Quote:
> > Text generators, such as OpenAI’s GPT-3, are toxic. Currently, OpenAI
> > has to limit usage when it comes to GPT-3 because, without myriad
> > filters in place, it’s almost certain to generate offensive text.

At the moment this may be the case, but future AI’s may have the same sorts
of feelings that humans do: there is no logical reason why they should not.
We could still say that we are the masters and can do whatever we want with
them, as we do with animals, but here is an ethical question to consider.

> --
Stathis Papaioannou