[ExI] please don't eat the wallpaper

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 10:33:59 UTC 2022

On Tue, 5 Apr 2022 at 04:58, spike jones via extropy-chat

> It’s a roll of WALLPAPER fer cryin out loud!
> Other states must wonder what noxious weed we discovered that is making us so stupid we need a reason to not eat wallpaper.
>
> spike

Of course, these types of notices are meant to avoid the risk of
companies being sued by people saying 'Well, you didn't warn me not to
eat the wallpaper!'.

But wallpaper did kill people not so long ago.
<https://www.slam.org/blog/arsenic-in-victorian-wallpaper/>

There is also the disorder called Pica.
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pica_(disorder)>
Quote:
Pica is the eating or craving of things that are not food.
Pica is the consumption of substances with no significant nutritional
value such as soap, drywall, or paint.
Subtypes are characterized by the substance eaten.

So because some people do eat wallpaper, it is necessary to warn all
people against eating wallpaper!

BillK