[ExI] addiction

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 20:10:55 UTC 2022

Adrian, to get a bit technical about your idea, the problem is one of
inhibition.  The lateral hypothalamus starts the eating process and the
ventral stops it.  I very much doubt if overeating is brain damage to the
ventral hypothalamus though this is possible (very unlikely, as deep as it
is in the brain and as common as over eating is - I think the inhibition is
just overridden).  In fact you could look at all addictions as problems of
lacking inhibition.  Or overriding it.  Bill w

On Thu, Apr 7, 2022 at 12:01 PM Adrian Tymes via extropy-chat <