[ExI] I salute Elon Musk, Captain of Spaceship Earth!

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Tue Apr 26 14:27:23 UTC 2022

-----Original Message-----
From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of
Giulio Prisco via extropy-chat
Sent: Monday, 25 April, 2022 11:30 PM
To: ExI chat list <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org>;
extropolis at googlegroups.com; turingchurch at googlegroups.com
Cc: Giulio Prisco <giulio at gmail.com>
Subject: [ExI] I salute Elon Musk, Captain of Spaceship Earth!

Tesla. SpaceX. Neuralink. Now free speech (or at least fair nonpartisan
treatment of hate speech) on Twitter. Elon deserves all his money and more.

Thanks for that Giulio.

Here is a challenge to all who have a public speech platform: you don't need
to be non-partisan, you don't even need to be fair.  Just be transparent.
Let everyone see how you roll.  Be open.  It's what we always did here on
this forum: transparency.  Keeping a filtering algorithm secret is
unaccountable power, which always leads to corruption.  So... wield the
power, accept the accountability that goes with it, be transparent.

Way to Elon.  I still won't buy your cars, but I will cheer for those who
do: it is solving some problems.

Speaking of SpaceX, something that hasn't been discussed here but is
relevant to our interests: that whole notion of fly-back first stages
landing on their feet has a feature of great importance: it scales up.