[ExI] [Extropolis] I salute Elon Musk, Captain of Spaceship Earth!

Giulio Prisco giulio at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 15:07:15 UTC 2022

On Tue, Apr 26, 2022 at 5:02 PM John Clark <johnkclark at gmail.com> wrote:

>> > Why?
>

> History has clearly shown that exercising minimal editorial control over Twitter can lead to profoundly negative consequences, and now the world's richest man, who has just bought it, says he will exercise no editorial control at all. I'm not saying what Musk proposes to do should be made illegal, if I own the world's loudest megaphone I have the right to let anybody I want borrow it and say anything they want no matter how crazy or stupid or downright evil it is, but I am saying it would be immoral and irresponsible to do so.

Perhaps you have a point here, but Twitter has a partisan bias
problem. One side can say everything, the other side can say nothing.
Copying my reply to Spike: I want to see MORE free speech on Twitter,
but if that is not an option, then I want to see LESS free speech on
Twitter. That is, they should use exactly the same censorship criteria
against both sides, not only one.