[ExI] I salute Elon Musk, Captain of Spaceship Earth!

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Tue Apr 26 15:10:30 UTC 2022

-----Original Message-----
From: Giulio Prisco <giulio at gmail.com>

>>... Thanks for that Giulio.
>
>>... Here is a challenge to all who have a public speech platform: you
> don't need to be non-partisan, you don't even need to be fair.  Just be transparent.
> Let everyone see how you roll.  Be open.  It's what we always did here
> on this forum: transparency.

>...Yes. I want to see MORE free speech on Twitter, but if that is not an option, then I want to see LESS free speech on Twitter. That is, they should use exactly the same censorship criteria against both sides, not only one... Giulio

Ja.  But there are more than two sides.  Musk is African American and a libertarian (oh what a fine example of a libertarian is he, the modern John Galt.)  I would even accept one-sided censorship, so long as we can see exactly what they are doing, and users can choose if they want to participate in a biased platform.

I have enjoyed myself reading what the mainstream news people had to say about the whole thing, mostly negative.  The prize for the most epic self-own goes to MSNBC's Ari Melber, who commented:

"If you own all of Twitter or Facebook or what have you, you don’t have to explain yourself, you don’t even have to be transparent, you could secretly ban one party’s candidate or all of its candidates, all of it nominees."  Ari Melber

Oh what an epic self-own was that.  PWNED!  All your base are belong to us!

A prominent member of the mainstream press demonstrates that he is perfectly OK with partisan censorship, so long as it is done in his favor.  He not only opposes anyone else having that power, he opposes anyone buying the power and making it neutral and transparent, which is what Musk is doing with Twitter.  The mainstream press is threatened by neutrality and transparency.