[ExI] I salute Elon Musk, Captain of Spaceship Earth!

Dan TheBookMan danust2012 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 20:00:14 UTC 2022

On Apr 26, 2022, at 8:25 AM, spike jones via extropy-chat <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org> wrote:
> Ja.  But there are more than two sides.  Musk is African American and a libertarian (oh what a fine example of a libertarian is he, the modern John Galt.)

Recall how in Rand’s novel John Galt got all those government contracts? Remember how Galt was the scion of a wealthy family? You don’t recall those things? Well, that’s because Galt wasn’t born into wealth and didn’t step his way up the financial ladder via dipping into the tax fund. (Yeah, Galt is a fictional character, but his fictional biography is of someone born into a lower middle class family, leaving home at 12, and working his way up from there.)

This isn’t to belittle Musk’s achievements in the area of space technology, cars, and batteries. Hes shaken up those industries. But he’s hardly a John Galt.

Regards,

Dan