[ExI] Atlas Shrugged

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 19:09:36 UTC 2022

On Thu, 28 Apr 2022 at 19:39, spike jones via extropy-chat

> Hermes, I loved it, but do understand what you are getting.  John Galt is the fantasy libertarian ideal business guy who does everything right and succeeds but of course government bureaucracy fights him.  Any resemblance to Elon Musk is purely coincidental you understand and oh by the way, the same week Musk buys Twitter the US government is suddenly very interested in creating a federal agency to stop misinformation on the internet but pay no attention to that man behind the curtain, nothing to see here.
>
> Hell never mind reading 65 year old fiction, look at what is actually happening today.

<snip>

> spike

Well, Orwell's 1984 is now being rewritten from a politically correct
feminist point of view by American writer Sandra Newman.
Maybe Atlas Shrugged is due for a rewrite as well.
As you will remember in 1984, Winston Smith works at The Ministry of
Truth, rewriting history to suit Big Brother’s narrative.
Now he will be rewriting 'misinformation' that the US government disapproves of.

BillK